If the prospect of working at Townsville Marine Logistics appeals to you, please click 'Apply Now'. You will be taken to Seek.com to complete and submit your application.
Inductions and Contractor Management click here.
There are currently no advertised vacancies at this time.
Working for Townsville Marine Logistics
Our stevedores handle a variety of cargo types, from Break Bulk and Bulk products to Containers, using state of the art port handling equipment.
Stevedores operate and maintain a variety of equipment including:
- specialised and complex ship’s gear;
- heavy shorebased cranes or gantry cranes such as a portainer crane or heavy-lift mobile wharf crane;
- heavy fork-lifts, straddle carriers, transtainers, front-end loaders, excavators or fuel trucks;
- ITV’s, small fork-lifts, bobcats and other small mechanical equipment.
Other duties include:
- semi-skilled maintenance such as equipment and vehicle servicing and the use of hand tools in relation thereto, and incidental tasks;
- shipboard and wharf duties, lashing and unlashing, packing and unpacking of containers, and other general duties;
- general and routine clerical duties.
Some of the skills and high risk work licences that are valuable in our operations include: open crane, reach stacker, forklift, excavator, bobcat, dogging and rigging.
Townsville Marine Logistics’ crane simulator is only the second of its kind in the southern hemisphere. With 10 active screens and an interactive seat, it provides first class training to new and existing crane operators to reduce equipment downtime, training incidents and emissions. Difficult conditions can also be simulated giving our operators the skills to deal with most situations, should they arise in the real world.
Living in Townsville
Townsville, known as the second capital of Queensland, offers a relaxed tropical lifestyle, diversity and strong economic prosperity.
Townsville offers access to a variety of education facilities, health care, affordable housing, retailing, events and entertainment, dining precincts and a wide range of outdoor recreation options.
Townsville’s official population is 194,072 (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2018).